What can you expect from your Headshot Session with me?
First and foremost, You can expect to have fun. We’ll start with a chat and get to know one another, so I can make certain that we have gone over everything I need to know to understand who you are and what you need to get out of the session. The whole process is simple: You’ll come over, we’ll shoot, and within a week, you’ll receive all of your images from the session.
Before your session I recommend doing a little prep. It goes a long way. These links are extremely helpful: What to Wear and What to Bring.
After we talk, we’ll come up with a game plan, starting with wardrobe. Once we lay out your clothing and discuss your type and your objectives, we will choose the clothes that will best serve you.
Next comes grooming. After we come to a decision on make-up and hair as it relates to you and your Brand, we’ll clean and prep your face,. Then the magic happens!
When we are all set on how fabulous you look, the shooting starts!
The process of the actual shoot goes something like this:
- We will go to spots in the area that I feel will best serve you. We can walk and explore as much or as little as you are comfortable with. My eye is always looking for amazing backgrounds that have some texture and interest that won’t be distracting. New York City is vast and generous that way.
- After a bit of shooting (the first look usually lasts the longest so you can warm up and get comfy in front of the camera), we will pop back inside to change outfits, and possibly hair and make-up, depending on how much you want a tweak in your look.
- This will happen a few times, with a delicious and refreshing break at the best local coffeeshop on the UWS (or we can go to Starbucks if that’s your jam).
- Once we wrap, you’ll gather your things, and I will load your images to be processed. We’ll take care of payment, and I’ll let you be on your way, happy and tired.
- You’ll receive a link with all of your images within a week (usually sooner). Once you have selected the images that you would like to be retouched, submit them via the retouching form, found on the Rates page, and I will deliver your final retouches in high and low res within two weeks. If you need them sooner, just let me know, it shouldn’t be a problem.
- In terms of printing hard copies, I highly recommend using Reproductions or Colorworks
- That’s it! You are now armed and ready to brave the audition world with amazing new Headshots. Enjoy the adoration and compliments that are coming your way.